Search This Blog

Today Motorcycle
Motorcycle

Chopping the Tail of a Ducati Monster








It's not supposed to be pretty, its misshapen and bare, taking to the streets with attitude and performance to match. Then something terrible happened in the name of regulation, the rear fender was designed from my daughters Barbie bicycle and the beast was tamed. Much like getting a mongrel from the pound you have to collar, license and tag and put the poor thing on a leash.

If you would like to give some dignity back to your beloved Monster then its time to remove its mark of civility. Release the beast from the excess plastic and junk that have been the mark of domestication. Cut the tail, chop the frame, eliminate the fender, whatever you want to call it. Disfigure it! Make it a true Monster.

It's a simple process that any wannabe shop mechanic can do. It actually requires more guts than skill. My first chop was done with spare parts and brackets. It made me feel manly to stick it to the man and make my own tailchop, You can do your own with basic parts from the hardware store. All you need is a hacksaw, 4 small "L" brackets and some small nuts and bolts. It was alot of fun and I enjoyed the creative process. However, I was not able to create the clean finished look that I wanted. Eventually I bought a bracket that cleaned everything up and was frankly a lot simpler than trying to tweak my own.

The end result was a new look that makes the Monster prowl and gives it the sleek look you would expect from a Ducati. The Ducati Monster is one of the greatest street bikes you can get. If you have one, make it your own and chop the tail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

visitor

TopOfBlogs

visitor

Blog Archive