MotoGP Qualifying Spain Pole Stoner, Pedrosa Second
Jerez - Casey Stoner will start the Spanish MotoGP race from pole position after he became a racer with the fastest time in qualifying session. While team-mate Dani Pedrosa in second position.
In the qualifying session at the Jerez circuit on Saturday (04/02/2011) night local time, Stoner involved fierce competition with Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo to compete for pole position. Having had time to recognize the benefits of the two rivals were in the midst of qualifying, Stoner finally able to beat Pedrosa and Lorenzo.
Stoner's pole-winning success to continue the domination of the Honda at Jerez circuit. Previously, Stoner and Pedrosa alternately become the fastest racer in the three free practice sessions have been held.
The times are recorded from Australia, Honda rider was one minute 38.757 seconds. After listing the best time, Stoner had experienced incidents when he fell from the horse. But he's seen no serious injuries from the incident.
Meanwhile, time is inscribed Pedrosa, who makes it will start the race from position two, is one minute 38.915 seconds. Drivers' host was very slim lead over Lorenzo who was behind with a time of one minute 38.918 seconds.
Row behind Lorenzo filled Ben Spies will start the race from fourth position, Marco Simoncelli on the order of five and Andrea Dovizioso on the order of six.
Disappointing results obtained Valentino Rossi. Time to fall in the middle of the qualifying session, The Doctor must start the race from the order of 12.
Spanish MotoGP Qualifying Results
1. Casey Stoner Honda 1m38.757s
2. Dani Pedrosa Honda + 0.158s 1m38.915s
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m38.918s + 0.161s
4. Ben Spies Yamaha 1m39.390s + 0.633s
5. Marco Simoncelli Honda Gresini 1m39.486s + 0.729s
6. Andrea Dovizioso Honda + 0.952s 1m39.709s
7. Randy de Puniet Pramac Ducati 1m39.892s + 1.135s
8. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m39.895s + 1.138s
9. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m40.019s + 1.262s
10. Hiroshi Aoyama Honda Gresini 1m40.168s + 1.411s
11. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m40.175s + 1.418s
12. Valentino Rossi Ducati 1m40.185s + 1.428s
13. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m40.217s + 1.460s
14. John Hopkins Suzuki 1m40.310s + 1.553s
15. Loris Capirossi Ducati 1m40.523s + 1.766s Pramac
16. Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 1m40.601s + 1.844s
17. Toni Elias Honda LCR + 2.357s 1m41.114s