Search This Blog

Today Motorcycle
Motorcycle

FLORIDA: Motorcycle safety money, the constitution and what???

OFF THE WIRE

Motorcycle safety money, the constitution and what???

IN a previous profession I had to learn how to read and parse stuff to see what either they were really saying, or what was it they were leaving out.  When it comes to the press and motorcycles it is legion. Has anyone ever asked, "What sort of coordinated effort has been expended on local news to insure they play out of the same book?  Would you not think that one journalistic endeavor would see a scoop and go for the glory?  Apparently not.  But why?
 

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Rogue <rogue@bikerrogue.com> wrote: 
I have never heard of this before: Law officers can impound a cycle, if they find a biker does not have the safety class endorsement on their license.
  
VIDEO:http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2011-10-10/Survey-Non-Compliance-with-Biker-Safety-Course
Survey: non-compliance with biker safety course

 Story Created: Oct 11, 2011 at 10:04 AM America/New_York
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The American Automobile Association has conducted a survey that reveals a disturbing finding: one-third of motorcycle riders have not completed a safety education course, that's been required by law for more than three years.
"I hope some of the bikers are just not aware of the safety classes. But if they are aware and are just not taking the course, that is really frightening to me," said Marsha Kut of the Fort Myers office of AAA.
"I could probably learn from the class, but no, I have not taken it," admitted Bill Lovatt of Fort Myers. "I have been biking cross-country for 30 years and I am very safe. I am defensive, I watch the road and traffic. I figure I have learned my safety lessons out on the roads over many, many miles," Lovatt told WINK.
"We encourage bikers of all experience levels to take the safety course. It is really very good on defensive driving and it offers invaluable information," said Ron Hall of Harley-Davidson of Fort Myers.
The survey was conducted with motorcycle riders in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee.
The safety courses generally cost from 200 to 300 dollars, although Harley-Davidson offers the course free, if you buy a cycle there.
Law officers can impound a cycle, if they find a biker does not have the safety class endorsement on their license.
You can find more information on biker safety at: http://www.ridersmartflorida.com/. Also at AAA.com/bike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

visitor

TopOfBlogs

visitor

Blog Archive